ZipGrow™ Farm Wall
A Living Wall Garden, Indoors or Out
Soilless production (hydroponic) provides healthy nutrients for your plants, and is able to bring your plants to harvest much more quickly than soil based vertical gardening systems.
When done properly, a vertical gardening system brings life to your walls, and also cuts down on your grocery bill.
The ZipGrow™ Farm Wall provides abundant harvests for many varieties of leafy greens and herbs. The recirculating system is lightweight and easily mounted on walls, fences, and on the north wall of the greenhouse.
When growing indoors, the Farm Wall requires a light kit. We recommend using one T5 Florescent bulbs per 2 ZipGrow™ Towers.
A little about the Farm Wall design:
Our materials are food safe PVC.
The Farm Wall is made up of two rectangular gutters that hold the ZipGrow towers in place.
The lower gutter serves as the sump for the system and holds the water, nutrient solution and the appropriate Active Aqua pump.
The upper gutter houses the plumbing and drip emitters. As part of the updated design, viewports have been cut into the upper gutter to allow for easier maintenance access and monitoring of the drippers.
The towers can be easily taken in and out of the wall for planting, harvest, live sales, and other adjustments.
The wall is designed with rear-mounted brackets to easily clip into and out of the provided wall mounts.
Each ZipGrow tower holds two media inserts which can be “zipped” in and out of the tower for easy planting.
Most Farm Walls are mounted outdoors in full or partial sunlight. The Farm Wall Light Kit (not included) provides supplemental lighting for indoor use or winter growing.
Farm Wall Height
- 5' towers (67" total height)
Farm Wall Width Options
- 1' 11" (2 tower Farm Wall)
- 3' 2" (4 tower Farm Wall)
- 6' 6" (8 tower Farm Wall)
Farm Wall Depth
- 7" from wall to tower
- 18" including the light kit
What Comes With The Wall:
- 2, 4, or 8 ZipGrow Towers
- 2 PVC Gutters (38" length on 4 tower Wall, 78.5" length on 8 tower Wall)
- Drip irrigation system
- Submersible Pump
- Media pulling hook
- Appropriate number of wicking strips (2 per 5' tower)
- Miscellaneous hardware (Wall mounts, screws, control valve, zipties, etc)
- Top Off Tank
Flexi Plugs sold seperately
Tools Needed For Assembly:
- A drill
- Crescent wrench
- Fasteners specific to your mounting style (e.g. heavy duty screws, drywall anchors, masonry anchors)
- Scissors (to trim zip ties)