ZipPod: Think outside the box and grow in it.
The future of container farming just got better.
A turnkey fully functioning hydroponic vertical farm capable of growing food virtually anywhere on Earth*.
The ZipPod Container Farming System.
The ZipPod System is for extreme conditions or to grow within a small footprint. Developed for placement around the globe to deliver perfect produce year-round. Each farm serves a unique purpose in the diversity and scalability of a farmer’s business.
A single ZipPod is a fully functional and financially viable business. They are designed to eliminate supply chain headaches by delivering produce when and where you need it. They are the most cost-effective option for container farming in the world without sacrificing the quality of yield.
Built For Full Climate Control.
Designed to maximize usable space, larger 10’ x 10’ x 40’ containers allow for increased air circulation and quality crop yields. With composite, rust-resistant panels rated at R22, ZipPod can operate anywhere on earth and maintain an optimum controlled environment indoors.
Performance Lighting System.
Real Climate Control.
Replicate Any Growing Climate.
Vertical Hydroponic Growing Perfection.
Built for Extreme Conditions.
From The Desert to the Arctic.
The ZipPod System is purpose-built for extreme conditions and small spaces. Developed for placement around the globe* to deliver perfect produce year-round. Each farm serves a unique purpose in the diversity and scalability of a farmer’s business. Suitable for use in areas +/- 45C (-50F to 115F).
Say Goodbye To Long Set-Up Times.
Technical specs of our specialty built container farming unit.
- 200-amp 120/240 volt single phase
Nursery and Fertigation Table
- Multi function oversized fertigation table at 40” wide x 120” long x 40” high for seeding, transplanting, harvesting and packaging.
- Centrally positioned for better workflow
- Independent lighting system to foster early stage seedling growth
- Built tough from 316 Stainless steel
- Ebb & flow irrigation system provides scheduled watering and nutrient cycles
- 60,000 BTU A/C for industrial temperature and humidity control
- A truly controlled environment purpose built for Controlled Environment Agriculture results in consistency uniform and productive crop yields.
- Patented LED lighting system designed specifically for use with ZipGrow™ Towers to create a vertical farm
- Customizable day / night scheduling
- Maximize production and flavor profile with tailored spectrum for leafy greens and herbs
- 240 8-foot ZipGrow™ Towers
- Over 3800 plant sites
- Compatible with compostable GrowFoam® plugs or peat plugs
- Overhead drip irrigation
- Automated delivery schedules
- Automated pH and nutrient dosing
Operating Costs of the ZipPod: What is Required to run your container farm?
The ZipGrow™ ZipPod. A true vertical farming hydroponic container system.
Included in the purchase price:
240 8′ ZipGrow Towers
60 LED lights
R22 insulated walls
Composite steel frame and rust-proof walls
Atom Control System
Powerful climate control (HVAC / CO2 / Humidity)
Automated hydroponic water system
Automated nutrient delivery system
40ft x 10ft x 10ft unit
2 entry / exit points
Reverse osmosis system
1 year free access to UpStart University
The ZipPod farm is CSA certified for hook up in North America and all electrical components are ETL/cULus certified. Requires a 200-amp electrical service and access to a water source.
Not included: Electrical and water hookup. Shipping and start-up costs.
Design is subject to change.
*For purchases outside of North America additional fees and lead time on production will apply. Certain conditions may be required and customizations are available.